Goodness gracious, how are we already to April?
2018 so far has been a WILD ride for me, and I’m so excited to tell you what I’m looking forward to, specifically in the month of April.
Why do I share what I’m looking forward to? Well, because I believe we ALL need something to look forward to!
Years ago, in my deepest struggles with singleness, and trying to figure out who I was and what to do next with my life (super easy task, right?), I started making lists for myself of what fun things I had coming up next.
When you have something you’re driving towards, it helps the days in between to be a little more bearable, especially when you’re struggling just to get by.
I would find myself writing to my friends (and still do!) telling them I needed something to look forward to when I couldn’t think of a thing. And we would either create something for one another (like a future girls night, getting drinks, going to the movies, etc) or try to help one another remember something that was already happening in our lives that we may have forgotten.
That’s why I started sharing my monthly “looking forwards” with you guys!
It both keeps me accountable and in a positive mindset, and I hope also encourages you to find what you’re looking forward to, even if it’s small, and may only get you through tomorrow.
Now, my list looks deceptive right now because while I’m living in Panama, I’m constantly planning things to do so I can fit in all in while I’m here! But there will be future months, and even months just a short-time ago, where I won’t be able to think of anything but the small things, and if that’s you right now, that’s ok!
Even the things that seem insignificant, can make a big impact and change your mood.
So let’s get to it! Here is my list for April of both the big and small things I’m looking forward to.
I’d love for you to comment or send me a message on what you’re looking forward to this month, and if you’re struggling to think of something, let’s chat and we can think of something together! <3
The Big Things:
– Sister and Cousin visit!— My sister, Amy and my cousin, Katie are coming to visit this month! I’m super excited because it’s been so fun showing my family and friends around Panama City, a place that has become my home even in this short time.
While they’re here we’ll be going to this cute little island about a two hour ferry ride away called Contadora. It has a really fun abandoned ship that, well, you can climb but I’m pretty sure you’re not supposed to (and only if you want to risk tetanus…which as evidenced by the photo below, I do).
– San Blas—My co-workers and I are FINALLY going to the San Blas Islands! Other than the canal, whenever you come to Panama, people tell you this is a must-see. They’re completely desolate islands of pure beauty, and are the perfect way to unplug (literally, there’s no electricity). I’ll let you know soon if they live up to the hype!
The Little Things:
– Saturday coffee at The Coffee Bean: I’ve become a regular at The Coffee Bean coffee shop down the street from my apartment. In fact, I’ve become a regular at a coffee shop in almost every neighborhood and they all know my name! Some days my order is ready before I even get to the register (is this a good or bad sign? I can never decide! Maybe I need an intervention). But there’s something about someone knowing your name and smiling when they see you that just gets me. And I look forward to it every week!
– Blogging: You guys, I literally live for blogging. It’s honestly all I’m thinking about all day long at my regular job (shh…don’t tell them). I can’t wait to get home, or to the weekend, so that I can work on new content for you guys. And over the last few months I’ve been partnering with my sweet new friend Blair (go check her out at Blair Blogs!) to bring you all even more resources and weekly encouragement!
– Climbing into a freshly made bed: So I found out when I arrived here, that part of my ex-pat package was to have a maid come every week. Like, what?! And this sweet woman makes a bed like no one else. Honestly, I never make my bed myself. It’s just not a habit I’ve ever gotten into. So every Monday night after she leaves, I look forward to crawling into those fresh, crisp sheets.
– Night-time swims: If you follow me on Instagram and have ever watched my stories, you know that I’m obsessed with going for a night-time swim. And it’s super easy to do here, because it gets dark at 6:30! All year round (bet you didn’t expect that, huh? Neither did I!). So when I get home from work there isn’t a lot of time to do my laps before it’s dark, and I’ve found that there’s something so calming and relaxing about swimming under the stars.
– Pho co-worker dates: Have you ever tried Pho? I absolutely love it. And I was so worried they wouldn’t have it here, but sure enough, there’s a delicious Vietnamese place that serves it just a few minutes from work. My co-workers and I have made an almost weekly tradition of going, and although it’s 90 degrees outside, you can’t get that delicious, hot soup in my belly fast enough.
So there you have it! What I’m looking forward to this month.
Do you see what I mean about it not always needing to be something big that gets you by?
Now tell me, what are you looking forward to in April? I’d love to hear it!